Sunday, June 5, 2011

Come unto him.

Today was stake conference, i don't know if it was just that i was fasting, or that i got to sleep in a bit, but i really learned a lot and it felt as if the talks were specifically meant for me. One talk in particular was given by my stake president. He talked about his granddaughters performing a dance recital. He told us how proud he was of them, and he realized that Heavenly Father is proud of them for developing their talents. At that moment the thought hit me that Heavenly Father is proud of me for trying to develop my talents, especially with running. I never had thought of it that way before, that even though sometimes it's hard to be proud of how well you did something, say a test in school, or a sports game, he's proud of us just for trying. I really needed to hear that. This summer i'm going to try much harder to read my scriptures everyday and hopefully finish the book of mormon, i'm also going to try and read all the talks from general conference. I've learned that i can rely on my savior no matter what and i want to develop and strengthen my testimony even more. The gospel has been such a blessing in my life. I'm so grateful that i have a heavenly father that loves me and cares for me.

3 comments:

  1. Sidney this is like the greatest thing I have read all day. It totally strengthened my testimony. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had such an awesome experience. You really are such a talented runner; I've always admired that and looked up to you for your strength in that. This summer I wanna do this challenge with you, read the scriptures everyday!!! Deal!?!? (: I love you and I am LOVING your blog (: (: <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh thanks guys :) Korinne it's time that you get a blog! and one we all can read! ha. Yes tiff we will work together k? we can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete