Sunday, July 10, 2011

A week at shalom

Suprise! Tori was up at camp at the same time as me! :)
The good times we had tping korinne :)

At good ol water front talkin smack. ha

Sunglasses picture!!
It finally came. My last year at girls camp. From the very beginning it was destined to be greater than any other girls camp. I'm not sure what exactly made it oh so much better than all the rest. Perhaps it was the never going to sleep until 2am because we are to busy talking about boys with our leaders. Or maybe it was that I had to wake up at 6am every morning to go running because my coach, melanie clayton was there. But maybe it was just because every single moment became an opportunity to learn a lesson.
My dear, sweet leaders never missed a chance to teach us just how important our choices are. Whether it was with a formal lesson or just a little talk in the cabin, they always stressed that we decide how our life is going to be. We talked about how those who have the hardest trials can be some of the strongest people with incredible amounts of faith, or they can choose to let it destroy their life. We learned that it's important not to give in to momentary happiness so we can have eternal happiness when we are able to get married in the temple.
There were many laughs this week as we worked hard to go through initiation with the beehives into young womens. Many times they would return to their cabin after being on a hike or at flag and find their cabin covered in toilet paper, or fake bugs, or even pop its hidden under their cots. It was even sorta funny when they tried to get back at me and put fake ants in my mac and cheese, thus ruining every future opportunity for enjoying a delicious box of kraft mac and cheese.
Spending time with all the young women in my ward was such a blessing. I loved getting to know them better. With them i feel like i don't need to worry about them judging me. they'll accept me for who i am, no need to pretend like i don't have faults and bad habits. They love me and will stand by me. I'm going to miss spending time with all these girls, they have helped me become who i am today. They are the best thing in my life and i love just being able to talk about anything with them. We had so many funny times, but also serious times. I'm going to miss being able to just get away for 5 days and spend time with them.

1 comment:

  1. "We talked about how those who have the hardest trials can be some of the strongest people with incredible amounts of faith, or they can choose to let it destroy their life." -- amen.
    I love you Sidney Terry.
    So glad you're home.
    I look up to you.
    So glad I got to spend the morning/afternoon with you!!!! (:
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete